For all prerecorded video files there must be either an audio description or a full text description.
What you need to know
- If your video’s sound conveys all relevant information, no audio description is needed.
- You may notice there’s some overlap between this success criteria and 1.2.5. That’s because creating an audio description of your video is required by that success criteria as well.
- An audio description provides important information (e.g. actions, characters, scene changes) during pauses in the dialogue of a video.
- Including a full text description directly below your video is a nice enhancement, but you need to satisfy the audio description under 1.2.5 which means the text description is not required.
Plain English Explanation
- Include an audio description with prerecorded videos that convey non-spoken information.
Read “1.2.3 Techniques” from W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative for more information about this success criterion.