Make suggestions on how to fix form errors if an input error is automatically detected.
What you need to know
- Success criterion 3.3.3 is an extension of 3.3.1.
- 3.3.1 requires notification of errors, while 3.3.3 takes it a step further by requiring suggestions and instructions to help users correct those errors.
- The key takeaway is to be thorough in helping users fix input errors.
What you need to do
- Provide clear, specific instructions on how to fix input errors.
- Make it easy to correct form fields.
- Preserve other form data so the entire form doesn’t have to be filled out again.
Check out “Web Accessibility Criteria – User Errors” from CSUN’s Universal Design Center for more information about this success criterion.