Provide ample opportunity for users to review and correct any potential errors, especially those that may have a big impact.
What you need to know
- It’s extremely easy to make submission errors (e.g., selecting the wrong flight date). This is why it’s so crucial that we provide users with ample opportunity to review, correct, and/or reverse any submissions they make on our website.
- For any web pages that have important implications (legal commitments, rights waivers, spending money, scheduling reservations, etc.), make sure that you provide at least one of the following options:
- Submissions are reversible.
- Input is checked for errors and the user is provided an opportunity to correct errors.
- There is an option to review, confirm, and correct information before finalizing the submission.
What you need to do
Provide at least one way to undo or reverse a submission so users get their desired result and don’t make a significant error.
Check out “Providing success feedback when data is submitted successfully” from W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative for more information about this success criterion.